The GRETA Regular Expression Template Archive
GRETA gives you all the power of Perl 5 regular expressions in your C++
applications. These easy-to-use classes let you perform regular
expression pattern matches on strings in C++.
- Fast backtracking regular expression engine.
- Separately compiled patterns.
- Matches against C-style NULL-terminated strings, C++-sytle std::string’s, or iterator ranges.
- Template on iterator type and syntax module.
- Supports Unicode.
- Syntax is encapsulated in easily customized/replaced modules. (Perl and POSIX syntax modules included.)
- Match balanced, nested tags with a recursive pattern. Great for HTML/XML/SOAP processing.
- Many times faster than the .NET/ATL7 regex classes.
- Consistently outperforms than boost regex++ on short strings; performs competitively on long strongs (see this page for a detailed comparison).